Facts about bullying. It is not something to be taken lightly, and it is a problem. This is why adults and children need to be able to communicate. If they feel they have to be kept separate, it only hides the action, it doesn’t make it go away.
The numbers continue to rise every month…
– It is estimated that 160,000 children miss school every day due to fear of attack or intimidation by other students. Source: National Education Association.
– American schools harbor approximately 2.1 million bullies and 2.7 million of their victims. Dan Olweus, National School Safety Center.
– 1 in 7 Students in Grades K-12 is either a bully or a victim of bullying.
– 56% of students have personally witnessed some type of bullying at school.
– 15% of all school absenteeism is directly related to fears of being bullied at school.
– 71% of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
– 1 out of 20 students has seen a student with a gun at school.
– 282,000 students are physically attacked in secondary schools each month.
See more facts at the link above. Thanks Make Beats Not…
View original post 5 more words